Sub almonds with cashews, cut-up dried apricots for the cranberries, or chopped figs for the raisins. Choose strong, dark honey or a delicate, light type—whichever suits your taste.
WORK TIME: 10 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 Minutes + Cooling Time
TIP: When measuring honey for recipes, first lightly spray the measuring spoon with oil; all the honey will slide right out.
- 1 c honey
- 1⁄3 c canola or safflower oil
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 4 c old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 c slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 c unsalted sunflower seed kernels 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 c dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 c golden raisins
- PUT one oven rack in middle position and another just below. Heat oven to 300°F. Lightly oil 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- COMBINE honey, oil, and salt in small saucepan. Set over medium heat and stir until hot and well blended, 2 minutes.
- MIX oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds (if using) in large bowl. Stir honey mixture again. Drizzle over oat mixture while stirring. Continue stirring until oats are thoroughly coated.
- SPREAD mixture on prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes. Stir. Rotate pans top to bottom and front to back. Continue baking, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown, 10 to 18 more minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning.
- COOL and stir in cranberries and raisins.
- Transfer to airtight storage containers.
Nutrition (per 1⁄2 cup serving)
263 cal, 5 g pro, 43 g carb, 3 g fiber, 9 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 19 mg sodium